Celebrating International Women’s Day: Embracing Equity
March 7, 2023
April 26, 2022
Setting up your myIOU account is easy. The process consists of three major sections: create account, verify eKYC and bind a debit or credit card. This article will serve as a guide on how to sign up with myIOU.
Before we begin, it is important to make sure that you are eligible to sign up as a myIOU user. To do so, you need to meet the criteria below:
1. 18 years old and above;
2. Own a Malaysian NRIC;
3. Your debit or credit card is issued by a Malaysian financial institution;
4. Have a Malaysian phone number and email address.
If everything on the list checks out, then we are good to go!
1. On the Sign In page, select Create Account on the bottom right of the page.
2. The New Account page will appear for you to key in your account details as a new user. Fill up the required information. It is important to take note that your password should contain a minimum of 6 characters with 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 special character (@#$%^&*-) and 1 number.
4. Next, you will receive an SMS containing an OTP code for the security process. Enter the OTP code to complete the account verification.
5. Select Let’s do it! to proceed to verify your identity.
1. Select Next to verify your identity through eKYC.
2. Capture the front and back of your NRIC. Do take note that your NRIC needs to be within the frame of capture and that the details on the NRIC must be clear.
3. Double check on the information before selecting Save.
4. Select Take a Selfie to verify your identity.
5. Make sure that your face is within the frame and it’s not covered. A clear background with good lighting is important as well.
6. Double check on your captured selfie before confirmation.
Bind debit or credit card
1. Fill up the required card info of your preferred debit or credit card.
2. To proceed, you will be directed to the payment gateway page to verify your card.
3. After verifying your card, set up a 6-digit-PIN for the security process.
4. Fill up your billing address. The address should reflect on the saved address during your eKYC process.
5. Double check on the information before selecting Save.
Referral code (Optional)
Enter the referral code if you are being referred by your friends or family. However, this is optional. If you have entered the referral code given by your friends / family, they will receive a RM5 rebate when you have made your first purchase using myIOU.
So, what are you waiting for? Start referring to your friends and family now by sending them your referral code or link!
Voila! An instant credit limit of RM1,000 will reflect on your Available balance once you have successfully registered your myIOU account. Also, if you bind your account with a credit card, your credit limit will be RM3,000 instead of RM1,000! Limited time offer. Click here for more info.
Now, you are good to go to spend smartly! Browse for available merchants at our Store Directory for over 3,000 online stores and physical outlets near your area!